Director of Software Development
AscensusFull time agile scrum java sdlc
About this job
Compensation: $180k - 200k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
agile, scrum, java, sdlc
- As the Software Development Director, you will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of a team of delivery professionals. These professionals will consist of software developers, quality assurance, DevOps and/or Architect skillsets and be aligned to several scrum teams. You will manage all of the operational aspects of the software development teams to ensure business and product\project objectives are met, and partner with product owners and business partners to do so. You will provide people, administrative, and process leadership for multiple, diverse teams. You are responsible for providing feedback to the individuals on their performance; as well coaching and guiding teams to enable future success. You will partner with a peer to lead a community of “practice” for either Development or Quality Assurance based on your expertise. As a member of the software development team, you are responsible for the coaching, mentoring, managing and leading the talent within an agile environment. We would love for you to have passion and the innate ability to inspire passion in others. You should love to coach, mentor, and support engineering associates, and have relentlessly high standards (never satisfied with the status quo).
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership of software developers, quality assurance, DevOps and Architecture associates
- Coach and mentor software associates, develop skills, provide continuous feedback
- Identifying people and process improvement strategies for the Scrum team(s).
- Excellent knowledge of software development design and experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong organizational, leadership, decision making and communication skills.
- Participating in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and according to our quality standards.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Passion for people management, and experience (minimum of 5+ years’) managing software developer teams
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a software developer, quality assurance professional, architect at some point in career
- At least 2 years’ experience with Agile processes (Scrum, XP, Lean, etc.)
- Experience and good understanding of designing scalable, distributed systems for running scalable solutions
- Possesses a level of breadth and depth of software development experience that allows for influence and competence in technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience making good decisions around technical, infrastructure debt and working with legacy code
- Ability to engage and motivate staff
- Passion for Continuous integration and deployment pipeline and automation