Remote Senior Data Analyst
VerysFull time sql amazon-web-services jenkins python terraform
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Data Scientist
Industry: Software Development
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
sql, amazon-web-services, jenkins, python, terraform
-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.
-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
-This position is fully remote, with the option to work out of our Orange County CA office following Covid-19.
Verys is a multi-disciplined technology delivery firm that offers a strategic approach to building software through user-centered design, modern development architecture, and business alignment all wrapped up in a structured agile environment. We build software to be proud of for clients like Blizzard, American Airlines, Kia, and Experian.
Right now, we’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The successful candidate will conduct full lifecycle activities that include requirements analysis, development of reporting capabilities (both ad hoc and dashboards) in collaboration with technical resources, and continuously auditing data cleanliness and seeking new insights into consumer behavior to support decision making.
If you are excited by solving complex challenges and growing your career within an innovative software services company, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will be doing
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Support the development of data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire ad hoc data from primary or secondary data sources for analysis using offline reporting tools such as Excel, powerBI
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Filter and clean data as needed
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Operationalize repeated similar ad hoc requests using a reporting continued use
Skills and Requirements
- You’re smart, adaptable, and love picking up new skills.
- You have technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- You are highly adept with reporting packages (Tableau Software), databases (SQL and NoSQL), and concepts of ETL design and execution.
- You are adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You are skilled with Python, Jenkins, and AWS
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Terraform
- You communicate well with teammates and clients, and your experience backs that up.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills
- Learning resources like Udemy, Saisoft, and internal development meetups
- An awesome culture with opportunities to meet like-minded people; whether you’re into gaming, reading, hiking, or craft food and drink, there’s a club for that.
- Philanthropic events to get involved in the community
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- 401K matching
We are excited to review your application!