Associate Faculty – Financial Management
Ashford UniversityFull time
Online Associate Faculty – Financial Management
- Part Time
The Online Associate Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate Faculty member performs duties relating to online instruction including but not limited to: posting faculty guidance and expectations, participating in classroom discussion boards, grading assignments, and promptly responding to student inquiries. This is an online adjunct teaching position and reports to the Executive Dean. Other duties may be assigned according to experience and qualifications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Emphasize a student-centered learning environment through active engagement.
- Collaborate within the University community to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students, including the following: the Office of Access and Wellness to holistically support student success in the classroom by implementing university-approved accommodations, the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to foster professional growth as it relates to successful teaching for the Ashford student population, and the Student Records department to maintain timely and accurate student records.
- Adhere to all faculty requirements such as facilitating and engaging in classroom discussion boards, grading assignments and responding to student inquiries in a timely manner.
One professional development is required to be completed per course taught. Examples are synchronous faculty development opportunities, webinars, etc.
- Establishing Relationships: Creatively uses available tools and strategies to enhance relationships, creating a community of learners willing to take risks and actively engage with one another
- Critical Thinking: Consistently fosters critical thinking through challenging students to elaborate on their thoughts, question their assumptions, examine biases, communicate in a clear and concise manner, and defend their positions throughout the course
- Instructive Feedback to Students: Provides instructive feedback that challenges and inspires students while providing specific suggestions to improve the quality of their work and thinking
- High Expectations: Effectively demonstrates high expectations throughout the course, while holding students accountable for insightful exchanges and high quality performance on assignments, and promoting active engagement in their own learning
- Demonstrating Instructor Expertise: Effectively and consistently utilizes expertise in subject matter by providing personal experiences, connecting course knowledge to real-world examples. Enhances course content and resources to encourage student comprehension and application of course learning outcomes
- Experience teaching Management, Finance and Financial Management courses.
- College level teaching experience
- Doctorate degree in related field
- Experience teaching in area of degree
- Experience teaching in the online classroom
- Experience teaching in non-traditional settings to students.
- Experience teaching two courses concurrently.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree for Associate, Undergraduate, and Master’s Program Offerings
- Doctorate Degree Required for Doctoral and Dissertation Offerings
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.