Science Curriculum Advisor
Elevate K-12Full time
Science Curriculum Advisor
Elevate K-12 is changing the way classrooms work through live, online, real-time instruction to K-12 schools. Our two main focuses are to give students the best quality instructors and to give instructors, especially women, work opportunities, irrespective of zip codes. We are the new way to classroom!
An experienced, dynamic, tech-savvy Science educator with curriculum and instruction leadership experience across middle and high school grade levels. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of research-based curriculum approaches, science standards across states, and effective assessment strategies. This educator will have the ability to work collaboratively with content writers to create quality, inclusive Science programs for online live instruction.
We cater to K-12 schools and require an individual with high school level science teaching and leadership experience.
- Develop detailed Learning Plans based on state standards and customer specifications
- Conduct necessary research regarding: state standards, curricular approaches, teaching methods, etc.
- Design engaging and innovative lesson structures for content writers to ensure standardization of instructional delivery
- Coordinate with content writers to ensure that they are creating engaging, effective lessons based on the Learning Plans and Structures
- Facilitate the preparation of materials, such as assessments, activities, worksheets, etc. that align with the Learning Plan
- Work collaboratively with content writers to edit and improve lessons
- Use assessment data to continually evolve Learning Plans and lessons
- Coach and mentor new content writers
- Stay current within the fields of Science education and online education
- Build and maintain our library of standards-based science curricular material
What you will need:
- Current certification in Science (high school level)
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction or Science Education (preferred)
- Grades 6-12 teaching experience (online or in-person)
- At least 5-10 years of experience writing science curriculum that has been used in the online, public, or private school environment
- Leadership: ability to manage content writers and build their capacity
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech proficiency: PowerPoint, Word, Google Suite
- Experience with popular ed tech math applications (preferred)
- Availability between 8 am and 3 pm CST (work hours are flexible, but the ability to be online during this time is important)
- Be based anywhere in the US
Be Part Of Our Story:
Elevate K-12 is tasked with an important mission: change the way K-12 classrooms and teaching work. Our organization is a radically open-minded company that is scaling fast. We are a team focused on high performance, dynamism and embodying a collaborative culture at all levels. Our teammates are able to have open, honest discussions that drive us toward our mission. Elevate K-12 is in a stage of hyper growth that will continue to open up new challenges and opportunities for our team.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.