UI / UX Designer
Socio is a venture-backed SaaS company that helps SMBs and enterprises optimize their events. With clients like Google, Microsoft, PepsiCo, and Hyundai, Socio is being used in hundreds of events globally and facilitating tens of thousands of interactions every day.
We are a design-led company and an appreciation of the power of design is in everything we do. We believe design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease.
We are looking for a UI / UX Designer to help instill a design culture in our business and set a high bar for design in all of our products. We expect you to work hard, keep up in the fast-paced startup environment, and have fun. You will have the opportunity to get fulfilling and impactful design experience while working with people from a variety of different backgrounds. This is an opportunity to grow a team around yourself and build a product that you can be proud of. If you're looking to be challenged every day, make a huge impact, and help define the future of live events, we would love to have you join our team!
- Work directly with the product and design team to shape ideas and create prototypes.
- Create design guidelines for our products to ensure interface consistency across devices.
- Design beautiful, clear interfaces for our iOS, Android, and web apps. Deliver rapid prototypes with impeccable user experience/interactions.
- Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole — we want everyone to value and understand the role of design.
- Organize and conduct user research to valid needs, interactions and bring them back to designs and prototypes.
- Work with the engineering team on implementation of final designs and interactions.
- Own and manage our brand. Design guidelines to ensure consistency across all departments.
- Work closely with our customer-facing departments (sales, marketing, and customer success) to help get our message out. You will shape the way we advertise, sell and support our product with a personality that connects with and engages our audience.
- Work as a member of design team management as well as the production process.
- You must be fluent in English.
- A portfolio showing 3+ years of strong human-centered interaction design work.
- A deep understanding of web and mobile design constraints.
- Ability to advocate for evidence-based design that balances user needs with business objectives.
- Ability to prototype experiences using motion
- Proficiency with relevant design tools and applications (Figma,SketchApp, Zeplin, MarvelApp)
- An entrepreneur at heart. There's no blueprint or playbook here. You'll help write them as Socio grows.
- Be a quick learner. We don't expect you to know everything, but we do expect you to pick things up quickly.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented. We're a small but mighty team - we value people that are humble and care a lot about their teammates.
- Highly driven to be successful. You'll get tons of support, but not a lot of guidance. We need people who will not stop until they figure out how to get the job done.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced and often-changing startup environment.
- Experience through the full cycle of product design, including research and validation.
- A serious and earnest desire to solve complex problems.
- Clear, concise, and articulate communication skills.
- A self-motivated desire to constantly learn and improve your craft.
- Bonus: Experience working on SaaS products in an Agile organization.
Compensation: Competitive $ salary + standard benefits
- Position is REMOTE (Work from Home is completely OK - we have an agreement with Kolektif House where you can go and work during the day - Istanbul only)
- Hiring Interviews are ONLINE (through Zoom Video conference)