Director of People Operations
Director of People Operations
- REMOTE /OPERATIONS – PEOPLE OPS / HR /FULL-TIME
Have you ever been swimming with pigs in the Bahamas? How about parasailing along the California coast, heli-skiing in Alaska or on a tasting tour of the unique flavors of New Orleans? At Peek, we support tour and activity operators that are bringing some of the most memorable moments to the world.
Peek makes the world’s tours & activities easily bookable – anytime, anywhere. Peek’s industry-leading technology, Peek Pro, empowers thousands of operators to better manage and grow their businesses. The Peek.com consumer marketplace connects people with everyday adventures that create lasting memories. Peek’s rapid growth has made it the largest independent activities booking platform in the world, and the company has raised over $50m from top technology and travel investors such as Eric Schmidt, Jack Dorsey, Pete Flint, Paul English, the Pritzker family, and Cathay Innovation. The company has over 110 employees located in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, New York, Seattle, and Chile. CNBC labeled Peek as the “OpenTable for activities,” it won the Tribeca “Disruptive Innovation Award” alongside Airbnb and the New York Times called Peek.com “a site you want to visit again and again.”
As our Director of People Operations, you will be responsible for recruiting innovators and creating and maintaining an environment that will enable them to flourish. You will develop strategies while implementing programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees.
Your job will be to oversee the People functions at Peek (People Operations, Recruiting, and HR), and ensure we have a best-in-class workplace that exemplifies our core values. The position will partner with the Peek executive and management teams to develop and execute exciting people operations strategies and programs that support our business objectives and evolve, develop, and grow our culture.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business – our key metrics, drivers for growth and our strategy – so you can develop a People Strategy that supports our company vision
- Build a People organization and define and drive strategic goals for all aspects of the People function including: recruiting, diversity, culture initiatives, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, workforce and succession planning, and compliance
- Identify trends to recommend proactive solutions for attracting and retaining the best talent
- Regularly meet with department heads and people managers to understand the functional goals, business goals, and hiring roadmap. Provide insight along with flexible and innovative solutions to drive performance and growth across the organization
- Serve as a strategic partner to the executive team; develop strong, proactive, and collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Establish scalable solutions to up-level organizational talent through proactive coaching in hiring and performance management
- Empower our leaders to be better managers, and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for their next role
- Ensure that Peek’s core values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
- Be a key team-building leader and people manager: someone people look to for guidance on a range of personal and professional challenges and questions
- Uphold culture of transparent feedback by working with our HR Manager to address employee relations issues quickly, consistently and with respect and class
- Develop and implement communication and employee engagement strategies
- BA/BS degree with 7+ years of experience working in People Operations in a start-up environment. Technology company preferred
- Experience working in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of hiring incredible talent across a myriad of teams and functions, and consistently optimizing time-to-hire
- Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners
- Experience in developing, executing and facilitating programs around employee training and development
- Passion for helping managers with org planning, employee career growth programs and mentoring
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems (e.g., Lever, Greenhouse etc.) and HRIS (e.g., Paycom) preferred
- Knowledge of current California, Washington and Utah labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- PHR or SPHR a plus, but not required
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options with a standard 4 year vesting schedule
- Medical, dental, vision and other voluntary insurance
- 401k Matching
- Peek covered Life Insurance of $50,000 with the option to add additional voluntary life insurance
- 26 days of PTO – includes 10 holidays and a company shut-down during the Christmas and New Year Holidays
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver and 2 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Annual company-wide offsite
- $50 WFH allowance to enhance your internet and/or connectivity
- Annual “Peekiversary” gifts
Please note that some benefits have been temporarily suspended due to a downturn in the travel industry caused by COVID 19
This role is remote contingent upon your time zone being in-line with the greater USA.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.