Technical Director to manage team building creative web experiences
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Role: Frontend Developer
Active Theory delivers the highest quality storytelling experiences on the web to high profile brands as well as never-been-done-before virtual events of various sizes with our Dreamwave technology. We need a seasoned Technical Director to help us lead, manage, and grow our team.
Our projects utilize both WebGL and DOM, so strong experience with similar technology such as threejs, Unity, Vue, or React is preferred -- but this role prioritizes previous experience with management over day to day code production.
- Plan resources for upcoming/ongoing projects
- Connect with client technical contacts in order to align technical specifications, environment integration, and more.
- Plan out projects to account for integration between team members.
- Scope projects and QA estimates from developers.
- Work with a Producer to communicate everything with the client. No such thing as too much communication here. The more the producer knows the better client's expectations are managed.
- Be comfortable walking the client through builds and stepping in to explain things when necessary.
- Create documentation pertaining to reusable modules created during the course of a project.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Be able to contribute to a pitch.
- Contribute to both bespoke and Dreamwave projects with leadership and/or code.
- Recommend new talent.
- Learn our 3D workflow and be able to contribute meaningfully to projects.
- Evaluate potential new hires by screening resumes and portfolios, conducting initial interviews, and grading code challenge scores.
- Review the work before builds go out and ensure it meets Active Theory quality guidelines.