Recruiting Specialist for Startups: The Interviewer
Avra Talent PartnersFull time
Title: Recruiting Specialist for Startups: The Interviewer
Comp: $30-60/hr (based on role)
Employment type: Independent contractor, part-time
Our mission: Avra Talent is focused on disrupting the traditional recruitment industry through the decentralization of expertise. We help startups who have just raised, usually in the 5 to 50 stage, actively fill their open roles while laying a recruiting foundation that will scale. (www.avratalent.com)
Why this role exists: The Interviewer is a vital part of Avra’s recruiting process, you will screen inbound candidates as well as source passive candidates, to ensure we find the best candidate for each open role. You are the gatekeeper of quality, and a storyteller that gets each candidate you speak to excited about the potential opportunity.
What’s in it for me? Contribute to the growth of an early stage company and get to work with a kick-ass team, while enjoying helping various startups all over the U.S. recruit for a variety of roles. Enjoy lots of freedom, flexibility, and ownership in a remote work environment. Work closely with and learn from a seasoned team in an exciting field, with lots of growth potential.
- 3+ years recruiting experience, ideally for high-growth startups
- Experience in, or strong understanding of startup environments (SF, NYC, LA)
- Lifelong learner
(1) Sourcing passive talent
- You will actively find passive candidates on bespoke job boards like AngelList, etc.
- You will engage with passive candidates, provided by the Sourcing team, and narrow down lists provided to interested, potential fits, then reach out directly through LinkedIn or email using YesWare
- You will confidently speak to our client’s vision, how the open role ties into that vision, and the importance of the role within the larger organization
- You will help develop and document new ways of researching, sorting, and engaging talent—and share that knowledge with the team
(2) Processing inbound applicants: Using an ATS the Interviewer passes candidates onto the phone screen phase or rejects them, implementing a careful eye for detail on a candidate’s written communication, spelling, and grammar is essential, as well as a curiosity about them holistically as you review resumes, LinkedIn and other links provided.
(3) Conducting phone screens: In this stage, the Interviewer puts their journalistic hat on, they at once create rapport with the candidate being screened while probing to get to the heart of their answers: judging for cultural fit, skill set match and keeping a keen ear open for red flags.
(4) Reference checks (advanced): For mid-level to senior candidates, the Interviewer will also follow the Reference Check Protocol, both given and back-channel, to get a better understanding of the candidate’s experiences, strengths, weaknesses, what will help them succeed and looking for red flags.
- Attention to detail, both written and verbal
- Warm conversationalist
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to probe delicately and read between the lines when assessing potential candidates
- Ability to evaluate and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of candidates effectively and concisely
- Quick learner: can pick up new technical tools, ATS’ and platforms easily
- Highly reliable, results-driven, self-starter
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to improvise
- Genuinely loves interacting with people
- High EQ, especially in regards to outbound prospecting (tone, voice, authenticity is so important)
- Compassionate and kind, but firm when the situation calls for it
- Not afraid to speak up and challenge the status quo, but will back it up with data or facts
- Positive attitude/optimistic
- Good character
Location: US Locations Only
*We are currently not hiring contractors in CA, or NY*