Country Content Writer
Wide Open Media GroupFull time
Title: Country Content Writer
- Location: Austin, TX or US Remote
Wide Open Country is a growing online community of people who appreciate country music from George Jones to the Turnpike Troubadours and know that it’s more than just music—it’s country life. We’re looking for a Content Writer who will help us grow our social and organic presence with resonant and engaging articles, interviews, and more. Our ideal candidate can take a list of SEO-based insights, and craft a cohesive, brand-forward collection of excellent evergreen content. They also know the words to “Jolene” and why Southern couples bury bourbon before their wedding day.
The Content Writer will work closely with the Wide Open Country Associate Editor and Editorial Director to transform data into personable content that has multi-channel appeal. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
The Wide Open Media Group offices are located in Austin, Texas, but we’re considering candidates from all areas and the search is not limited to Austin. This is a contract position.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to craft articles in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Previous experience writing on country music, American culture, and home and garden topics are a huge plus, but not required
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role