Team Lead, Project Management Office (PMO)
Are you passionate about maintaining and developing client relationships? Do you possess sound judgement with the ability to resolve complex issues? Do you excel in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment?
The Team Lead, Project Management Office (PMO) provides value to the business and its clients, through managing and leading their team in providing a consistent level of quality and service to support our clients. This is completed through coordination, and control of the various activities required to turn an idea or strategy into reality. The Team Lead PM must be able to deliver effective leadership, strategy, follow-up and direction that aligns with the overall goals of the organization. The project management team is responsible for the success of each project and works closely with project stakeholders to identify and respond to any risks that have the potential to jeopardize this success.
- Understand and follow “The CompuVision Way”. This is our set of people, processes and technology that produces a predictable end result for the client. You must be aware of and maintain our standards, understanding that it is a living guide.
- Act as an escalation point for critical client issues, communicate and manage communication with clients as required.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee client expectations are met.
- Responsible for the scheduling, time and utilization management of team members. Ensure that workflows and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure objectives are clear, progress is tracked and results are reviewed; instill a culture of high performance.
- Conduct performance reviews, recruiting and overall people management for your team. Built a culture of continuous improvement through regular feedback, coaching and employee development.
- Advocate for the client in day-to-day operations.
- Take ownership of major incidents, ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders, and post incident reviews.
- Liaise with internal and external resources to provide detailed analysis of the operations and opportunities for improvement.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical staff at various levels in the organization.
- Collaborate with all CompuVision departments to continuously improve our service offering to maximize client satisfaction
Project Charter Creation and Planning
- Collaborate with CompuVision teams to ensure full understanding of client requirements, ensuring project definitions and objectives are accurately developed.
- Work closely with project managers and project engineers to review and validate the design of each project and plan its execution
- Create project charters detailing the scope of a project, identifying any assumptions made as part of design and any risks that have the potential to impact a project.
- Work closely with the Resource Management Analyst to ensure the availability and scheduling of resources required to complete the project
- Identify milestones and develop a project schedule |Assign budgetary numbers to milestones to create an invoicing schedule
- Lead project charter presentation meetings and acquire sign off for project charters. Follow up with client stakeholders until the charter has been signed
- Portfolio Management including forecasting, resource management and invoicing controls.
- Create Project Plans
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Identify requested/necessary changes to project scope/schedule/budget, generate change requests documents and acquire approval from project stakeholders – ensuring no work is done that has not been approved.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to ensure product is ordered and received to budget and schedule
- Work closely with the Project Engineer(s) through the various implementation activities described in the project scope
- Provide frequent, valuable, communication to project stakeholders
- Develop a risk register to track project risks and work with stakeholders to identify appropriate responses
- Provide ad-hoc and weekly status updates to stakeholders detailing
- Project activities, success, and roadblocks
- Any risks that may occur and mitigation strategies
- Project schedule and any variance
- Project budget and any variance
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Completion of an accredited 4-year post-secondary degree in Computer Systems/Engineering or Business
- 2+ years relevante leadership or management experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience |The technology, tools, and techniques required to deliver and support Information Technology
- At least 3 years' experience leading projects, with 5 years overall experience working in a project capacity
- Conceptual knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructure, applications and processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication; Communicates in a timely, professional and respectful manner.
- A proven track record for excellence in customer service
Thank you for your interest in CompuVision. We appreciate all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.