Assistant Director of Work Study
Purdue UniversityFull time
Assistant Director of Work Study
- Remote/Nationwide, USA
The Assistant Director of Federal Work Study reports directly to the VP of Employer and Career Services with integrated communication with the Financial Aid department. The individual will be responsible for supporting and executing related opportunities for our students to support both their financial and career needs including the oversight of the Job Location and Development (JLD) program. A strong focus of collaboration and service is essential to partner with all internal and external stakeholders in building and maintaining relationships that benefit our students and the partner organizations. The FWS Assistant Director role will collaborate with Financial Aid on the eligibility of students for Federal work study opportunities, create and manage relationships with our partners, maintain oversight of hiring practices, timekeeping records and ensure availability of federal work study opportunities for eligible students. The individual will adhere to all rules and regulations for Title IV and institutional programs. Research, initiate, implement, develop and evaluate all program procedures, policies, and budgets in compliance with Federal guidelines and institutional goals.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Federal Work-Study program including the JLD program, ensuring timely and accurate reporting, awarding, and processing of the Federal Work-Study program.
- Serve as a liaison between the College, the Office of Financial Aid, Career Services, off campus partners, Human Resources, and Financial Services for all Federal Work-Study processes and programming.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, and financial aid requirements surrounding the Federal Work-Study program and student employment.
- Assist in the completion of institutional reporting, year-end audits, and federal reporting requirements, as needed.
- Responsible for monthly, and annual accounting and reconciliation of the Federal Work-Study program in collaboration with the Financial Aid department
- Serve as a resource for students, on and off-campus partners, departmental liaisons, and employing agencies regarding student employment.
- Create and maintain federal, state, and institutional financial aid policies and procedures for the Federal Work-Study program; train University staff and partners on Federal Work-Study best practices and guidelines.
- Counsel students and families; performs need analysis; complete the verification process on selected files; review appeals; and packages awards by assigning different types of financial aid to meet demonstrated need.
- Coordinate timely responses to all email and telephone contacts from students and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ related experience in Financial Aid, Federal Work Study, Recruiting/Staffing, Career Services, or Higher Education
- Possess a strong customer service background in a metrics-based environment
- Ability to network/build and maintain relationships with others online and in person as a representative of the university
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter and able to work independently while contributing to the greater good of a working team
- Comfortable making cold phone calls to students and employers
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as Cvue or Salesforce
- Experience in MS Office and the ability to adapt quickly to adjusting technology needs; able to present in a virtual environment; knowledge of various social media platforms and able to generate posts/replies on internal social media platform; able to research information using the Internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with excellent listening skills that enable effective communications with students, peers, superiors, and business contacts.
- Ability to identify and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with varying levels of demand and priorities
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Must be available for occasional evening/weekend tasks
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
Purdue University Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer