Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
- Marketing & Communications · Zillow
About the team
Zillow’s Corporate Relations team is a group of skilled, innovative and fast-strike communication professionals who love working together for this industry-leading tech and media company. The team is responsible for growing Zillow’s brand awareness, credibility and affinity, and for shaping the story of what it’s like to work at Zillow, through earned, owned, paid and social media.
About the role
In this role, you will join the editorial, social and production team that builds real-time, newsroom-style content to bring our brand and culture to life. The team produces multimedia content — including social videos and graphics — that supports news, product launches, customer stories, economic research, government/community relations, investor-focused background, employee communications, employer brand, industry relations and events, social impact initiatives, and CEO/executive communications, among other things. The role requires a strong understanding of business goals, and an ability to strategically tell stories via paid and organic social media.
This is a rare opportunity to lead social strategy and execution within Zillow’s best-in-class Corporate Relations team! The role will report to the Editorial Director as part of the editorial team. As a one-person social team, you will manage campaign execution on our corporate channels, and coordinate with your consumer-facing counterparts on the marketing social team to align and implement social activations.
The successful candidate will be creative, innovative and fueled by curiosity and a drive to measure and understand what’s working in our social channels.
The Social Media Manager will:
- Develop all-up social strategy and manage the calendar to deliver the right mix of content to support business priorities.
- Determine what to post on which social channels to deliver the best performance including posting frequency, paid media allocation, and audience targeting. B2B audience experience is a plus.
- Lead evergreen planning and content development (i.e. product updates, events, social-only campaigns, brand/company news, social impact, equity & belonging, recruiting, etc.).
- Publish social content across channels; coordinate and contribute to moderation guides for community response.
- Perform social media listening, measurement and analysis, working across social platforms and tools to deliver a monthly social scorecard, campaign recaps, and ad-hoc channel/post analysis.
- Continually innovate, test, and learn with new social creative, channel functionality, audiences, content format, engagement tactics, etc.
- Work collaboratively across functions such as marketing, recruiting, product marketing, creative teams and with external agency partners.
- Support crisis management initiatives as needed, working closely with corporate communications and marketing teams in a 24/7 social media newscycle.
Who you are
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a social media role, ideally for a mid-size to large brand.
- Proficiency with social strategy, analytics & listening, community management, and creative/content production.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects across multiple teams and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop social media plans and drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Flexible problem solver with a high level of accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational/process, and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and tools (i.e. Sprout, Spredfast, NetBase, etc.).
- Understanding the real estate category is helpful, but not required.
- You love this stuff!
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.