- Remote job
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
Mentors play a central role at OpenClassrooms: they support students 1 on 1 weekly to complete projects through video conference sessions. Mentors are also assessors who review students’ project work and validate whether the target competencies have been acquired. All the work is done and services delivered by mentors and assessors are overseen by the Mentorship Operations team.The Mentorship Manager has four core areas of responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Maintain and develop an excellent overview of the target competencies and prerequisites of your Paths
- Interview and select shortlisted mentor candidates
- Facilitate and lead mentor and assessor onboarding (including session checks, providing constructive feedback, etc)
- Develop mentor and assessor training resources and processes
- Provide second level mentor support on Zendesk for escalated issues (e.g. on courses and project content, assessments, student needs, etc.)
- Manage mentor performance issues, drive improvements
- Ensure mentor service delivery adapts to the needs of both students and business stakeholders (Apprenticeship, Employers, Social Programmes)
- Participate in client and partner meetings as required
- Collaborate closely with the Education & Student Success team for ongoing improvements in content, mentorship, assessment, student experience
- Lead mentor communications on Paths, mentorship, and assessments, etc
- Lead initiatives and projects that improve mentorship operations
- Manage KPIs and provide reporting on your activities as required
- Excellent people care: listening skills, capacity to identify issues and solving them to ensure outstanding Mentor and Student NPS
- Excellent interviewing skills to select the right candidates
- Excellent community management skills
- Capable of driving a variety of activities and projects in parallel with diverse stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the tech, dev, data, business ecosystems and talent marketplace
- Detail-oriented, analytical with a data-driven approach
- Capable of KPI management and impactful reporting for better decision-making
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate useless tasks and make business processes simple
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders including internal and external partners and clients
- Great English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level education in business, marketing or engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience ideally in Faculty Manager, Talent Manager, Partner Manager, Customer Success roles
- 3+ years of experience in EdTech or the broader Tech industry
- Familiarity with standard customer support, CRM and automation tools
- The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager.
- Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Mentorship Operations Director and the VP Mentorship, as well as a few other people from teams across the organization (Peers and HR)
- You will be asked to work on a short test.
- You will also be asked to provide us with 3 professional references.
WHAT WE OFFER
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible to the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a “Talent Passport” residence permit. There is also a simplified “accompanying family” procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.