Product Manager – Digital Services
Title: Product Manager – Digital Services(Remote)
- Location: Multiple States, Remote
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve. We help government agencies improve lives through modern software and thoughtful experiences.
We are a multi-disciplinary team that builds quality digital products and omnichannel services across government agencies. As the product manager you will be responsible for the end-to-end success of digital products that integrate user needs and stakeholder goals. You must be able to translate the vision into prioritized deliverables focused on outcomes.
We are looking for a product manager with at least 4 years experience shipping successful digital products using agile methodologies and human centered design best practices. A successful applicant will have:
- Experience with the end-to-end operational process of guiding a product or service throughout its entire product life cycle
- Skilled at stakeholder identification and alignment
- Highly developed relationship-building and coalition-building skills
- Established processes to plan and implement agile teamwork throughout the stages of a project
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and operationalize best practices while developing products and services
- Experience collecting and validating requirements for content management systems and public-facing websites
- Demonstrated ability to both communicate knowledgeably with technical experts across disciplines
- Strong ability to communicate technical considerations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders who may be unfamiliar with digital best practices
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously parse the big picture and small details; understands the broad needs of agency stakeholders and the context in which their product operates
- Anticipates and incorporates new developments and updates the product roadmap as needed
- Understands the details of the product from functionality to usability
- Preferred: Drupal experience
For this position, the product manager will:
- Lead the operational process of nurturing a product or service through the entire product life cycle.
- Collaborate with agency stakeholders to get buy-in for product definition and delivery approach.
- Work with a team of engineers, designers, and business stakeholders. to capture and translate user needs into deliverables.
- Ability to make decisions about priorities, complexity, user needs, business value, and timeline to define the minimum viable product.
- Balance engineering, design considerations, and stakeholder requirements to deliver the best possible product to the users.
- Create effective, prioritized product road maps, and delivery plans to meet validated requirements in a cost-effective way.
- Ensure product design and team processes keep systems secure and compliant
- Cultivate a collaborative and mission-driven team culture
We are a fully distributed team within the U.S. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection, and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Resident due to the projects we work on. It s a plus if you have U.S. Government security clearance.
- $100,000 – $130,000 USD per Year
- Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and location
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy — employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid maternity and paternity leave. We have an annual all-hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend.
Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about. We attempt to keep our work products ‘open by default’. This means that it is our intention that your work contributions during your time at CivicActions will be published under public license, enabling you to bring your passion fully into your activities without the fear that your expressions will be locked away or prevented from having a positive impact in the world.
CivicActions is a digital services firm building elegant and accessible government services for everyone.
We are passionate civic designers and developers specializing in free and open source agile software development, user-centered design, security/compliance and open data.
We lead the efforts behind Agile Government Leadership (AGL) and Project DKAN. AGL brings together public sector IT leaders to help understand and implement Agile project management practices within the government. Project DKAN is the global open source project that manages development and direction for the DKAN open data platform.
We value diverse teams at CivicActions. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Powered by JazzHR