Content Curator, Media Resources
A+E NetworksFull time
Content Curator, Media Resources Temp
THE DIVISION’S STORY
Production Operations and Engineering consists of a wide range of media centric roles. We are responsible for managing the entire life cycle of A+E’s programming. This is where we produce, transform, broadcast and distribute content as well as run the tech infrastructure for the Media Supply chain. We are an energetic team that fulfills the business objectives within a thriving dynamic industry. Developing new solutions to continually improve the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues is our mandate. If you have the determination and aptitude we are seeking for a role in this challenging and rewarding business and are eager to work for a department that sets the standard for our industry, then we look forward to speaking with you!
THE ROLE: Content Curator, Media Resources Temp
The Content Curator is primarily responsible for cataloging media content owned in perpetuity by A+E Networks. The Content Curator will perform exceptional and consistent image evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner. Leveraging A+E taxonomy and metadata standards and having a keen eye for keyword and title relevance to drive accurate search engine results, media will be reviewed for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion within A+E Networks’ editorial and commercial content catalog. The ideal candidate will be an experienced curation and or operations professional who is passionate and knowledgeable about digital media curation, metadata and distribution of content to 3rd Party aggregators.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Curate A+E owned media content using internal media asset management tool
- Verify content accuracy, ensure it meets established taxonomy and metadata standards.
- Recommend and or perform adjustments to content/metadata as encountered.
- Make decisions on content with limited information.
- Report any patterns of issues observed to help improve database, product performance.
- Assist in the creation of new workflows to help scale – continuously look for ways to improve processes and increase velocity and quality of output
- Test tools and provide feedback to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Work and communicate with cross-functional teams.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, preferably in Media, History, or Library Science
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain motivation and solid focus through hours of repetitive tasks
- Highly detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Sharp problem-solving and analytical skills
- Quick learner who continually seeks out improvement and prevent errors from recurring
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and making sound judgment calls
- Wide-ranging, up-to-date knowledge of TV shows, cinema, music, literature, social media platforms, as well as cultural sensitivities
- Experience in conducting media research
- Experience in Media Management systems a plus
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and .XML a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you’ve read this far, you’re likely a great fit for us…and maybe you’re fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we’d love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third-party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.