Global Citizen YearFull time
The Development Associate will ensure that Global Citizen Year’s fundraising engine runs efficiently and that our donors are delighted in their interactions with the organization. We recently launched a new initiative, Global Citizen Academy, which opens the door to exciting new revenue opportunities for the organization. In partnership with the Director of Development Operations, the Development Associate will identify new donors prospects, manage and optimize our back-end systems to advance high-potential leads, and craft compelling communications to convert donors into long-term supporters.
Database management and analysis:
- Responsible for overseeing all functions of donor database (Salesforce) management and executing against fundraising data vision.
- Oversee, track and update accurate contact data. Assure the donor database is maintained and updated appropriately.
- Manage reports and dashboards for all philanthropy functions to track progress, support campaigns and mailings, inform fundraising strategy, and increase efficiency of daily tasks.
- Build Salesforce automations to drive fundraising efficiency, minimize human error.
- Partner with Director of Development Operations to analyze donor pipeline and recommend strategies to improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of fundraising operations.
Gift processing & reconciliation:
- Process all donations in a timely manner, including: coding each gift, entering gift information in the database, informing relevant contacts, and facilitating appropriate thank you process.
- Process grants and provide timely, accurate grant reporting.
- Assist donors with gift transactions, including check and credit card donations.
- Work with the Finance Department on monthly reconciliations and the annual audit.
- Serve as the first point of contact for external inquiries related to development.
Lead research & Donor engagement:
- Utilize internal prospect research software (iWave) to assess potential of donor leads.
- Leverage Salesforce to document, track, and take actions against individualized donor engagement plans, including drafting donor outreach.
- Build annual stewardship calendar; curate content in partnership with program and recruitment teams; create donor “touchpoints” throughout year to ensure high-quality donor experience
- Write donor proposals/grant applications with editorial oversight and reports for philanthropic support as needed. Manage distribution of communications to key funders
- Assist in handling logistics of philanthropy functions such as coordinating events, invitations and materials as needed.
The following skills are required:
- Database management: significant experience managing records in Salesforce
- Superb communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting) that engage and inspire others
- Research and analysis: Ability to synthesize key findings from multiple data points and recommend next steps based on those findings
- Professional poise and polish working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials
- Fundraising or sales experience: 2-3 years experience in non-profit development or sales
- Proficiency with Google Suite, iWave, MailChimp preferred, though not required
- You’re a hungry learner. You’re motivated to soak up information while learning and continuously improving. You bring a problem-solving orientation to your work and instinctively seek opportunities for reflection and feedback. You have a knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency, and you’re known for going above and beyond.
- You appreciate quality data. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up-to-date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making.
- You have an exceptional attention to detail. You’re used to juggling lots of balls and never letting a single one drop, all while performing at a very high level. You enjoy being a step ahead of those around you and this attention to detail guides your work.
- You have a touch of ESP. You’re insanely proactive, and anticipate others’ needs before they ask – or even become aware of them. And you’re like a chameleon, adapting your style to accommodate others.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive benefits package
Location: This position is remote; Global Citizen Year is headquartered in Oakland, CA
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer. We know a diverse team produces the best results and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of leadership we aim to inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.