Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate
Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate
- Remote – US
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Global Stewardship Senior Regulatory Affairs Associate is responsible for overseeing US pre- and post-market product registration activities for assigned Cleaning portfolio brands. The Senior Associate understands and translates regulatory and business requirements to optimize timely submission approvals, establishes and executes regulatory strategy, and manages registration and product compliance. This role builds strong partnerships and drives proactive cross-functional engagement with Product Development, Marketing, Product Supply Operations, and Legal to ensure safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance needs are met for projects, products, and portfolio.
- Serve as the central contact internally and externally to Global Stewardship for assigned projects and brands, ensuring product regulatory compliance from concept through the lifecycle of a finished product.
- Identify innovative solutions to meet compliance requirements and business objectives in partnership with external consultants and internal technical subject matter experts.
- Develop regulatory strategies, effectively manage timelines, and oversee submissions for new or changes to existing product registrations.
- Participate in label development and reviews and provide product claims guidance to stakeholders.
- Translate regulatory information with appropriate technical depth for the given audience and provide balanced regulatory risk assessment.
- Identify, communicate, and develop recommendations to mitigate regulatory project or product risk with contingency planning, including corrective or preventive action.
- Monitor, assess potential impact, and develop appropriate action plans for new or emerging regulations, initiatives, and regulatory changes.
- Coordinate review and approval of voluntary certifications where applicable.
- Develop and maintain best practices, guidelines, procedures, tools and/or trainings to standardize process, drive continuous improvement, and educate others on regulatory compliance requirements.
- Serve as liaison between the Company and regulatory consultants with opportunity to engage regulatory agencies on technical matters, as directed.
- Participate in external engagement activities through industry trade associations, work groups or other relevant initiatives, as assigned.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- 5 years of relevant regulatory compliance experience with consumer products, pesticides, pharmaceuticals or other regulated products.
- Experience representing regulatory compliance in cross-functional team setting and project management experience are desirable
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulation, and relevant compliance programs under EPA, FDA, CPSC or other, as appropriate, to ensure compliance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory and technical documents.
- Strategic thinking and influential leadership skills to drive innovative regulatory solutions and enable business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities; results-oriented; praocess-driven; resilient
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and priorities.
- Ability to drive functional excellence to foster innovation, optimize time to market, and minimize product and portfolio risk.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to engage and influence various audiences at multiple levels in the organization.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Some travel may be required (approximately 5%).
- Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma, or Equivalent (Required)
More about Research & Development (R&D)
From concept to reality, our team is building the next generation of consumer products. R&D is a community of engineers, scientists, mechanical designers and packaging experts, who are actively involved in virtually every step in the lifecycle of our products — from initial concept to raw materials to final goods on store shelves. Together we bring consumers innovative products that deliver superior value.