Higher EducationFull time
At a Glance:
- The Copy Editor is an integral part of the editorial team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our writers, editors, and reviewers to ensure that all content is grammatically correct, concise, and easy to understand.
- You will copy edit original content targeting prospective students and develop questions for education experts and writers.
- You will also help enhance and optimize information for consumer usability.
- This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely or within our Seattle-based office.
- Join a team that powers the largest marketplace of high-intent prospective students in the US, and do meaningful work that helps connect prospective students with cost-effective paths to higher education.
- Our team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to content creators, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Copy edit content according to H-E editorial standards
- Copy edit educational content articles to ensure proper grammar as well as consistent style and tone, appropriate data sourcing, and factual accuracy
- Copy edit text for social content and design
- Prepare finalized documents for publication
- Contribute to the evolution of H-E’s style guide, focusing on voice and tone appropriate for our audience in addition to usability
- Adapt to changing editorial guidelines and maintain documentation
- Contribute editorial input for continued product improvement
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience as a Copy Editor
- Firm understanding of AP style
- A hawkish sense for errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, tone, and content flow
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with sophisticated organizational skills and a sharp eye for detail and consistency in copy
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude
A Red Ventures Brand:
- Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice.
- Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment.
- Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
- For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.