Vice President, Head of Revenue Operations
VP, Head of Revenue Operations
- Anywhere (U.S.)
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We are currently looking for VP, Head of Revenue Operations that will build-out and run its global revenue operations. Reporting directly to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer and based in San Francisco, California, the newly-created position of Vice President of Revenue Operations will play a pivotal new role supporting the Company’s continued track record of strong revenue growth and driving a scalable and efficient operation.
The ideal candidate will have a background in the software industry with experience in the quote-to-cash process, deal desk, and strong revenue acumen. Most important, the ideal candidate will have a strong customer-centric orientation and focus on working with the sales organization to drive growth. The VP of Revenue Operations (the “VP”) is intended to be the subject matter expert and Company lead on global revenue topics, bookings execution, and related analytics, reporting and issues management. The VP will be responsible for building-out and overseeing order management, commissions, and customer invoicing from a functional standpoint.
Importantly, the VP will play a key leadership role in the overall Finance organization around change management, process and controls improvement, scaling revenue operations and supporting infrastructure, and developing a team of professionals. As the company experiences strong continued growth, the VP will play a key role in scaling the business.
The VP will be responsible for proactively supporting the Company’s teams in Sales, Finance and Accounting with proper accounting guidance, creating and maintaining revenue policies and customer contracts related policies, driving an internal customer service approach in working with other functional areas, and building and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
- Lead the Global Sales, Marketing & Customer Success Operations organization.
- Co-develop GTM Strategy with the CRO- establish insights into performance, market opportunities and manage cross functional planning processes.
- Lead an enablement team to create a high performance team including onboarding and ongoing enablement programs.
- Drive organizational change management- engage with senior stakeholders and own delivery on key projects to move the organization forward.
- Become a critical business partner to the Finance team.
- Define and manage the key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the global sales, marketing, and customer success organization.
- Enable a best-in-class sales forecast, pipeline and renewal operating cadence. This will include everything from gathering data, improving predictive measures, running analysis, and facilitating forecast calls.
- Track the efficacy of go-to-market initiatives and help implement the appropriate reporting and metrics to ensure desired results are being achieved.
- Recruit and develop a best-in-class staff of analysts that serve as key business partners to Marketing, Sales, and Client Success leaders Enablement
- Strategically plan, manage, and maintain territories. Both to launch a new fiscal period but also as headcount growth occur throughout a year.
- Align and manage the roadmap for Operations enhancements (i.e. Sales & Marketing technology stack & tools).
- Work with the CFO, COO, CRO, CMO, VP or CS to manage key relevant initiatives across the company.
- Oversee the annual planning process for the Sales and CS teams.
- Act as an intermediary between leadership, finance, and cross functional teams when modeling annual headcount planning, bookings targets, and other key annual planning modeling outputs.
- Identify and implement process and system improvements within the quote-to-cash ecosystem.
- Create processes and controls to ensure data integrity and promote operational efficiency.
- Oversee Commissions Accounting activities and payout execution on accurate and timely basis.
- Maintain a knowledge base on processes and policies for the GTM team to ensure consistency of onboarding, training and service delivery. Leading training on process and best practice, with the measure of success being adoption.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Minimum of 10 years in relevant revenue operations role with high performance SaaS/Software companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required.
- Experience in an Ops leadership role with a SaaS company from $30MM – $100MM growth stage
- Keen strategic and commercial instincts with ability to actively contribute to the company growth strategy
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Passionate self-starter who is self directed and able to execute independently
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead, develop, and manage a team of people
- Expertise in data management, business intelligence, and leading GTM technology products
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred. Experience with system implementations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across functions.
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with ability to positively cope with change, with ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills – can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture. Proficiency in Excel is needed.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution