Director of Implementation
Viamo IncFull time
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world's population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 11 million people reached in 2019 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
As the Director of Implementation at Viamo, you are responsible for overseeing the quality implementation of all of Viamo's projects around the world - currently 400 per year. This includes leading a team of 30 people working in 4 teams based in Dakar, Accra, Antananarivo and Mumbai. Over the last 7 years, Viamo has built a strong reputation of quality implementation, rapid response, and high impact - and we are looking for a seasoned manager to help us take this brand to the next level. You will also be expected to manage a fast-growing team in a dynamic environment, which has doubled in the last 12 months. As such, we are looking for a leader who can build a strong culture, manage internal communications, and work effectively with other Viamo departments. This is a senior role at Viamo, so you will be expected to also contribute to our strategy development and our quest to reach over 1 Billion people with actionable information in the next 10 years.
- Take full responsibility for our Project Management and Customer Service teams: maximize impact, delight clients and operate efficiently. In other words, 'the implementation buck stops at the Director of Implementation'.
- Manage a seasoned team of 5 direct report (Regional Manager Francophone Africa based in Dakar, Regional Manager Anglophone Africa based in Accra, Regional Manager Asia based in Mumbai, Director of Client Support based in Antananarivo, and Senior Operations Manager based in Ghana), and more than 25 indirect reports.
- Create and implement a vision, strategy and plan for how the Project Implementation department will continue to service Viamo and our clients' evolving needs.
- Oversee a number of important departmental processes: capacity management, new product launches, recruitment and onboarding, skills development, leadership development, etc.
- As a senior Viamo employee, contribute to Viamo's strategy development and implementation.
- Maximize impact: Nb of people reached, and Nb of successful engagements.
- Delight clients: Net Promoter Score of our clients, and Nb of implementation delays and quality issues.
- Operate efficiently: Innovations and insights that lead to more of the above, and cost savings.
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manages a team of 30 (5 direct reports)
- Flexible, with a preference for someone based in Dakar, Accra, Antananarivo or Mumbai
- A passion for Viamo's mission, vision and values.
- At least 10 years of international project management experience in any combination of: social enterprise, government contractor, iNGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D.
- At least 5 years of management experience, including remote management, and across multiple cultures.
- At least 5 years of experience working directly with enterprise clients and/or donors.
- A strategic and creative thinker with a track record of finding scalable solutions to operational problems.
- An appreciation for standard operating procedures, data science and quality details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly and remotely with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures..
- Experience living and working in a Viamo country in Africa or Asia.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French.
- Experience working at Viamo, or with Viamo.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients' needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter