Director of Customer Engagement
Taproot FoundationFull time
Title: Director of Customer Engagement
- Location: US National
- Want to work on an agile, mission-driven product operations team that connects thousands of people online daily to build stronger communities?
- If so, join us as the Director of Customer Engagement in a fast-paced, collaborative, supportive environment.
- Taproot Plus, Taproot Foundation’s online marketplace for pro bono, directly delivers on our mission by connecting nonprofit professionals with passionate, skilled volunteers who share their expertise pro bono via online, virtual programming.
- Through Taproot Plus, business professionals deliver expertise and support in areas like marketing, strategy, HR, and IT strategy so that social good organizations are even more equipped to positively affect society.
- Since 2014, skilled volunteers have delivered nearly $40 million worth of capacity-building consulting services to nonprofits through the program.
- This role sits on the Program Operations team, which drives Taproot Plus as well as the organization’s technology infrastructure.
- The Director of Customer Engagement will deliver a scalable, best-in-class support experience to our Taproot Plus customers.
- You will inspire, motivate, grow, and retain a terrific remote based team.
- You’ll lead the charge to design a vision for customer engagement and test, implement, and track program intervention and customer service strategies that promote and enable the highest-quality service outcomes for volunteers and social good organizations engaging on the product.
- And you’ll be responsible for assessing and optimizing our existing people management processes and strategies to enhance our team’s ability to develop and deliver a fantastic customer experience.
- This position will partner closely with our Director of Product and Director of Marketing and Communication and will oversee our small but growing customer support and engagement team.
This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States. Taproot Foundation has offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles. The Director of Customer Engagement reports to the Vice President of Program Operations.
- Improve program outcomes for users, achieve high customer satisfaction with every Help Desk conversation, and drive customer loyalty overall
- Formulate a strategic vision for the off-product customer experience and design an annual roadmap that supports that vision
- Define and implement customer engagement experiments to identify optimal ways that the team can increase customer retention, engagement and conversion
- Collaborate closely with product managers, customer support, product marketing and our Advisory Services consultants on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new engagement concepts such as marketing, events and product features
- Partner and communicate effectively with key stakeholders across the organization.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A passionate leader who is able to motivate high-performing teams
- Someone obsessed with improving the customer experience and delivering the highest-quality skilled volunteering services
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and love to partner with smart hardworking people through new opportunities and growth
- Comfortable working across departments to advocate for the customer and for what your team needs to deliver a best in class customer experience
- You value and enjoy leveraging data to find opportunities and to evaluate progress
- You love to try new things and dig-in with the team
- 5+ years of experience using and optimizing Zendesk, Groove or similar customer service management software
- Prior experience in product or marketing for a SaaS company preferred
- Experience managing a remote-based team.