Devops Security Engineer
WyzantFull time cloud kubernetes
About this job
Location options: Remote, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
You take pride in your work, helping others learn and you look for the same from everyone on your team. Your past experience shows an eye for detail and a desire to talk about that new thing you just learned or that new skill you picked up.
You feel passionate about automating repetitive tasks. You don't just think "there has to be a better way"--you find the better way and can't help but show it off to your teammates.
In this role, you will work with a team of Engineers who are responsible for managing the overall health of our production environment running on Google Cloud Platform. You will assist with maintaining our Kubernetes clusters and GCE instances running all of our sites and services while identifying risks and vulnerabilities.
- Performing day-to-day operational tasks on public facing infrastructure
- Assisting in the architectural design of new services and making them operate at scale in a secure manner.
- Monitoring and analysis of systems, services and service clusters, optimization of performance and resource utilization.
- Partnering with engineering and customer teams to identify threats and opportunities.
- Assisting or leading incident response, diagnosis and follow-up on system outages or alerts.
- Keeping supporting systems up to date. Provide recommendations on needed upgrades or migrations.
- Balancing security and risk assessment with business needs and processes.
- Evangelizing security best practices.
- Participate in a flexible on-call rotation schedule.
- 3+ years experience in an SRE/Operations/DevOps role as part of a team with at least one year focused on security.
- Experience communicating incident response and resolution to engineering and business stakeholders.
- Opinions on IAM deployment and configuration
- Experience managing high traffic customer facing websites and servers.
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessment tools and practices.
- Comfortable with shell and scripting languages in relation to the role (Python and Bash required, any others are welcome).
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc) including networking, IAM, provisioning, and monitoring/tracing.
- Experience with software and service deployments built on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Desire to automate tasks and assume ownership of production infrastructure.