Virtual Estate Planning Paralegal
Equivity is seeking a part-time paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in estate planning, probate, guardianship, conservatorship, and/or trusts and estates law. At this time, we are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience, which should include preparation of estate planning documents utilizing estate-planning-specific and case management software, as well as some experience in either probate, guardianship, or conservatorship cases. If you have experience supporting attorneys in one or more of these specialty areas, and have previously assisted attorneys remotely, we want to hear from you!
Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys. We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal to support attorneys with estate planning matters, which should include assisting with preparation of wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property such as deeds. Experience in probate law, trust administration, guardianship or conservatorship cases would be helpful as well. Because many of our clients rely on estate planning-specific software, you should have experience using programs like WealthCounsel or HotDocs. You should also be adept at using practice management software, such as Clio or MyCase; Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; and editing PDFs.
More about our company:
Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide long-term paralegal, administrative and marketing support. Our virtual paralegals work with a high degree of autonomy and are responsible for developing lasting relationships with our clients. Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications throughout the business day (Monday through Friday, 9am – 6pm Pacific Time) within one hour by email, phone, and text. You should also be available to complete tasks and work on projects during the business day. All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee (W2) of Equivity, not an independent contractor (1099). We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour. We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
Equivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equivity is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Equivity are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national original, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Equivity will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent (within the last six months) experience working as a paralegal in estate planning
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience preparing wills and trusts, powers of attorney, and documents involving the transfer of property
- Experience with estate planning software, preferably Wealth Counsel or Hot Docs
- Expert proficiency with utilizing all programs within Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Advanced proficiency with Google Calendar, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Experience editing PDFs
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday – Friday (Eastern or Pacific Time Zone)
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls
These skills would be a plus:
- Experience preparing pleadings, motions, petitions, and guardianship applications for a probate or guardianship focused law office
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti