Legal Operations Associate
Aperio GroupFull time
Legal Operations Associate
Administration · Sausalito, California
About the Firm
At Aperio Group, our strategies are designed to put our clients’ and their clients’ interests at the center of our investment advice; to minimize costs and taxes; and to incorporate each client’s unique environmental, social, and governance (ESG) preferences. We are a purposefully growing quantitative/index-tracking investment management firm specializing in managing customized equity portfolios tax efficiently.
We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At Aperio, we work hard and move quickly as a well-coordinated, collaborative team whose exceptional people are focused on providing extraordinary client service. Our firm seeks to build a workforce that is as diverse in experience, perspective, and culture as the clients with whom we aspire to work. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital/family status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Our headquarters is in Sausalito, California, only one block from the beautiful harbor. It’s a short, 20-minute drive from much of San Francisco. We are looking for talented individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area (preferred) but are open to candidates nationwide as a remote opportunity. If not local, when travel is permitted, team members are expected to visit the office periodically for training and to work with the core onsite team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, industry-disruptive, fast-paced environment, Aperio is the place for you.
APERIO GROUP, LLC IS COMMITTED TO ATTRACTING, RETAINING, ENGAGING, AND DEVELOPING A POOL OF TALENT THAT IS DIVERSE ALONG MANY DIMENSIONS. WE SEEK TO LEVERAGE THESE DIVERSE EXPERIENCES, BACKGROUNDS, AND VIEWPOINTS TO BEST SERVE THE NEEDS OF OUR CLIENTS.
Are you looking for a position with a blank canvas and a tremendous opportunity to make an impact? The Legal Operations Associate role is flexible and cross functional and will be instrumental in shaping the growth and future of the Legal & Compliance department. In a nutshell, you will be responsible for making our department more effective and efficient as we regularly liaise with senior executives and department managers to support efforts to scale Aperio’s business. This role offers a unique opportunity for anyone interested in establishing and building a career in financial services or fintech or contemplating a future in the burgeoning field of legal operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management of cross-functional initiatives to identify technology, workflow, and other solutions aiming to increase efficiency and service delivery for the Legal & Compliance department, ensure regulatory compliance, and mitigate risk
- Administer platforms that support oversight of our contract, vendor, data privacy, and code of ethics programs (DocuSign, OneTrust, SchwabCT)
- Maintain our internal department Wiki and records
- Coordinate our policy management calendar to ensure policies are maintained and kept up to date
- Generate reports and track metrics to support reporting to executives and internal stakeholders
- Support our compliance testing and reporting functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time work experience
- You are meticulous and well organized and have a demonstrated ability to manage projects in a corporate environment
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat
- You have the ability to quickly learn and master technology tools if they are unfamiliar to you (e.g., Salesforce, DocuSign, Asana)
- You seek a role with variety in which you can wear multiple hats and work on cross-functional projects of all types and sizes
- You are agile and flexible, capable of rolling with the punches when competing or changing priorities and demands arise
- You are an empathetic person who can build rapport quickly with your colleagues, understand multiple perspectives, and navigate differences of opinion
- You possess strong observation and critical-thinking skills, with an ability to spot issues and identify process improvements
- You have an insatiable curiosity and desire to learn
- You equally thrive when working autonomously as when working with a team
- You are comfortable with some level of ambiguity in a fast-paced growth environment