Brooks AutomationFull time
The position of Legal Counsel will have primary responsibility for the commercial (sales) contracts, including contract drafting and negotiation, for the Company’s Life Sciences Services business unit, and will also be involved with a variety of in-house legal responsibilities for the business unit. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to grow into a role of increasing breadth and responsibility, based on the Company’s dynamic business needs.
Review and negotiate complex customer (OEM and End-User) sales contracts, channel partner contracts and services agreements, while working collaboratively with business leaders across multiple business units
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate legal terms for a variety of contracts, including master service agreements, statements of work, partner agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Provide business-oriented and practical advice and partner across company functions
- Provide appropriate training to sales and business unit personnel regarding relevant contractual provisions and risks
- Provide advice and assistance on variety of other legal issues, including commercial, employment, and regulatory matters. Work collaboratively with members of legal and other departments.
- Support continuous improvement of contract templates and processes.
- J.D. from an accredited law school, membership in a state bar.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an attorney, with a preference for prior in-house experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial and technology agreements
- Self-motivated, proactive approach with strong analytical skills and sound judgment
- Outstanding organizational, writing, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to successfully partner with employees of all different levels throughout an organization to address business and legal issues.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The position can be 100% remote with occasional travel required to Company locations in Indianapolis, IN, Chelmsford, MA, and South Plainfield, NJ.