Creative Design Consultant
Ricoh USAFull time
Job Title: Creative Design Consultant
This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
The Creative Design Consultant is responsible for the creation of highly creative, customized marketing material to help Ricoh customers advertise themselves. The level of customization is based on the customer’s available equipment, consumables, and the level of services purchased. It may include any kind of printing technology or finishing (i.e. inkjet, offset, folders, cutters, etc.), any kind of standard or specialty media or substrate, (i.e. white and colored paper, metallics, transparent media, poster boards, etc.), and all other abilities or equipment that can add to the appeal of the final marketing campaign. In addition to the creative work, the Creative Design Consultant also provides customer training services on common design applications (such as Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud), holds group/webex presentation on “Design for Print”, and builds a design template repository. The Creative Design Consultant predominantly works directly with Ricoh Commercial & Industrial Printing customers on a remote basis via email, phone, and video conference. Design training services delivery may require occasional travel to customer sites within the US. This position requires the ability to identify Ricoh customers’ production capabilities, and understand the need of their end-customers, to generate highly creative and original design work to effectively showcase all aspects of Ricoh customer’s business.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for design creation in the following areas:
- Creative Coaching for Spot Colors
- General Document Design
- Corporate logo and stationery development/redesign
- Business Card Design
- Graphic Design for Web
- Application training (Adobe Suite)
- Group trainings / webex presentations on “Design for Print” topics
- Ricoh Internal design work (events, internal training, other practices, etc.)
- Wide Format Design
- Web2Print Branding Design
- Cross Media Campaign Design
- Artwork Design
- Presentation Design
- Assist Ricoh customers in producing the marketing campaign as envisioned.
- Gather Ricoh customers’ equipment, consumables, and staff capabilities.
- Meet with Ricoh customers to determine the scope of a project.
- Translate client needs and branding strategies into design strategies.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Create projects by coming up with a general concept and presenting the idea with a rough layout that might include sketches or digital illustrations.
- Collaborate with managers, engineers, artists and other designers to evaluate the credibility of the design and to provide solutions for possible issues relating to the actual production of this design.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Select colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts.
- Clearly articulate and pitch design concepts to clients, art directors and others.
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients or art directors into final designs.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Present a limited number of design drafts to Ricoh customer review.
- Review designs for errors before submitting final work to Ricoh customer.
- Travel to customer sites for in-person consulting.
- Project manage Creative Design Consulting engagements.
- Comply with Ricoh’s standard event documentation and control policies.
- Attain quarterly KPI targets.
- Be a change agent for new sales, service and marketing enablement technology.
- Evaluate current business practices versus best practice and increase usage of best practice.
- Facilitate process improvement enabled via technology. This includes maximizing ROI for our customers.
- To perform functional analysis, gap identification and requirements definition for changes requested.
- To provide functional/application expertise within the assigned function including conducting in depth quality reviews on design and testing.
- To lead and execute projects and initiatives in full compliance with defined processes and controls.
- To keep abreast of latest tools / applications / techniques in the assigned area.
- Coordinate cross functionally on complex projects.
- Participate in decision making process involving selection of alternatives.
- Ensure compliance with audit requirements, SOX and operational controls.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires completion of a four-year degree or knowledge typically gained through a four-year degree.
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in design for print environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop through portfolio of work.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per Ricoh’s policy.
- Must have documented Color Management implementation track record.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Sales and Marketing.
- Strong business process knowledge in the area of Marketing including eCommerce and Digital Marketing.
- Experience with major projects involving design production and launch of new branding.
- 1+ years of experience in marketing environments required.
- 1+ years of experience in design consulting required.
At Ricoh, we embrace and respect the collective and unique talents, experiences, and perspectives of all people. Together, we inspire remarkable innovation. That’s how we live the Ricoh Way. And with our commitment to ethics, you can be sure that we’re doing it with transparency, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer — Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants, including those who may have arrest and conviction records
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer — M/F/Disability/Veteran
- Shift: 1st
- City: Nationwide
- Req Number: 20-02096