Senior Public Policy Manager
Senior Public Policy Manager
- Remote – US
Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environmentSpin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers’ feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with fireside chats chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Spin’s Public Policy team is formulating and advancing regulations, policies, and initiatives to make micromobility an essential option for people everywhere. As we grow in new and existing markets, we’re continuing to ensure that Spin is the industry leader in helping to shape and promote responsible and thoughtful regulations and policies.
We’re looking for a motivated, creative, and detail-oriented policy professional passionate about mobility to join our Public Policy team, which focuses on developing and advancing our regulatory and legislative priorities at the local, state, federal, and international levels.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in handling and achieving legislative efforts; has a strategic, creative, proactive demeanour to make sense of the regulatory environment and to find the best paths to achieve Spin’s objectives; has a strong willingness to work in a fast-paced environment; and has experience collaborating with or within governments and public agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the Team and cross-functionally to achieve Spin’s public policy priorities across local, state, and federal governments, including analyzing and advancing legislation across multiple jurisdictions.
- Help formulate, communicate, implement, and lead all aspects of Spin’s positions/objectives on various policy and regulatory matters, including for new and emerging business objectives.
- Engage effectively and in good-faith with government officials and staff to advance Spin’s objectives.
- Work with and help lead external consultants to pursue Spin’s policy objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 8 years experience working in public policy, government, public affairs, legislative advocacy, and/or legal roles.
- Experience working with or within government and facilitating complex and sensitive conversations as part of high-stakes relationships, particularly on legislation and regulations.
- Track record of handling successful legislative efforts.
- Experience in drafting and advancing legislation.
- Experience working with external consultants and organizations related to public policy issues.
- Detailed writing skills.
- Strategic, creative-minded team-player and self-starter.
- Passionate about advancing accessible, sustainable modes of personal mobility.
- Shown understanding of transportation policy, especially micromobility/mobility policy.
- Law degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles