Make-A-Wish FoundationFull time
Accounting & Finance | Remote | ID: 880-493 | Full-Time/Regular
At Make-A-Wish®America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing.Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy’s wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. This team is focused on supporting our chapters through a shared financial services model, providing chapters with financial processing, reporting, and tax filings. They also maintain the financial health of the national office through budgeting, monthly reporting, accounting, reconciliations, and payables.
The Senior Accountant-SFSis a key contributor to the mission by performing accounting functions for chapters who have elected to use Shared Financial Services (SFS) to ensure financials are recorded accurately and timely.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Senior Accountant-SFS you will:
- Support chapters in accounting functions to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Commit donation batches between donor processing and financial systems, and the general ledger.
- Review check requests for proper coding and approvals.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review trial balance for accuracy and completeness.
- Record and post journal entries for monthly financial activity.
- Prepare and analyze financial reporting package, including monthly variance report.
- Assist with gathering of information and documents for annual audit process.
- Create custom reports and queries in NetSuite and Excel.
- Build and maintain relationships with chapters.
- Lead month end close process, run meetings, and serve as main point of contact for chapters.
- Identify ways to improve processes to be more efficient and effective.
- Provide support and direction for Accountants and Support Team Staff.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 2+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial reporting
- Previous NetSuite experience
- Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Educational Tuition Assistance
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Monthly premiums paid for the employee for medical (HSA qualified plan), vision, dental, and short/long term disability.